Valley Forge Church was chartered on March 17, 1956, with 116 members. It has remained on the corner of Town Center Road and Prince Frederick Road for 60 years. Reverend Bill Phillipe was the organizing pastor. The first sanctuary was built in 1955. Construction on the current sanctuary began in March, 1960. The first service in the new sanctuary was held on December 18, 1960. In 1964 the name of the church was changed to Valley Forge Presbyterian Church.